Sunday, July 31, 2016

The BF wants to do WHAT?!?!



Yesterday, the BF picked me up and was excitingly talking about a documentary he just watched called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". The jist of it was that the documentee chronicled his discovery of juicing and having a diet consisting primarily of fruits and vegetables and that human's didn't need to have mass amounts of protein to survive. 

So has he was driving, he looked over to me when we were parked, dead in the eye and says "let's do this."

Me: "what? you mean "you" right?"

BF: "no, US! It would be good for us to try it out"

Me: "I need my meat and carbs! I will diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie"

BF:"you won't die, that's what all the people in the documentary said they couldn't do it either and that they won't have energy. Just think outside the norm"

Me: "..........let me think about this"

So we began to debate about the pros and cons - me, more on the cons of no protein and delicious carbs and my selfish desire to devour every delectable thing on earth. 

BF: "how about we do it for 2 weeks?"

Me: "Just 2 weeks?... starting now??"

BF:"Let's do it after you get back from LA, it'll give you a week to eat what you want in LA, then come back to do it seriously for 2 weeks"

Me: "..........ok.... Just 2 weeks though"

BF: "yes!! sure... just 2 weeks... or we can do it a couple of times a week"

Me: "don't push your luck babe.."

So that's what I am committed to after I get back from LA, August 10, 2016. I did tell him that I have to cheat one evening due to my Grandpa's Bday dinner (usually chinese restaurant), so Aug 10 to Aug 23 is when I start my hippie vegetarian diet. Oh lawwwd, what did I get myself into.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment