Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It's happening

Last week I did a solid 5 days of workouts over the lunch hour. 

Monday: Kettlebell
Tuesday: Tabata
Wednesday: Zumba
Thursday: Bootcamp
Friday: Barre

The beginning of this week was brutal with kettlebell yesterday. A co-worker and I were in the same class and we exchanged glances during the workout expressing the pain. We both admitted to feeling nauseous afterwards (2 hours after class was over for me). Though it was an ass-kicking sweat, we did enjoy the instructor. Also note to self: eat breakfast every morning before a workout.

Today was a circuit Tabata class. I think I did pretty well. I sort of felt like the instructor saw me doing most of the sets with lots of energy and proper form and maybe thought it was too easy for me. She made a comment: "I noticed you picked the highest step [for the step-ups]." And I joked "and I'm the shortest one." And at the end when we were all told to go back to the one station we hated the most, I went to mountain climbers and she said "did you want sliders?" to which I said "no thanks" as I did my mountain climbers manually. It was just odd that she picked me out a couple times. So I conclude that I did really well and that's the story and I'm sticking to it...!

Tomorrow will be an unintentional rest day for me as I have to run errands during the lunch hour. I might fit in a workout during the evening. I should try, at least.

Overall, I'm feeling myself get stronger and leaner. It's a great feeling and it's happening. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment